Thursday, July 29, 2010

Sustainability, Jedlicka & one College of Art and Design’s Sustainable Design Program

   When I saw in the site search results at the Applied Arts web site the following: “... Speaking of students, if you desire a career in the ad business, ..... Some schools focus on the business side of advertising and some focus ...” I thought I’d be all up in dat. In reality, it’s still a useful article about green design; with a particular emphasis on the business interactivities and, seemingly, meant for packaging (and maybe even interior design).
   Ms. Jedlicka is faculty with Minneapolis College of Art and Design’s Sustainable Design Program; so, one may assume she knows of which she speaks. The most exciting thing for me in all this is yet another reach of business into the design schools in a healthy, functional way.
   VERY exciting. I can only hope (and I actually trust) this to be a movement that has legs; not a fad.
Sustainability in Action
Ten hot tips, and one really cool one
by Wendy Jedlicka
Jul 20, 2010

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post! I'm a packaging designer so that's the experience I write from. But what I do touches: Business, marketing, psychology, materials, processes, supply chains and end-of-life issues. Basically my biz touches everything and everyone on some level everyday. The article may use packaging as examples, but it's really for any and everyone. Want to understand more? http://sustainableinnovation.info

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S.
    "...reach of business into the design schools in a healthy, functional way. VERY exciting. I can only hope (and I actually trust) this to be a movement that has legs; not a fad."

    No problem there -- these ideas have been going on and growing for over 15-years now. Doing "big picture" rather than just "pretty pictures," is how design schools (and design firms) are differentiating themselves in a very competitive market.

    ReplyDelete