Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 234! [some follow through]

   It’s only been a couple weeks, but I guess from time to time some follow through is in order. Seems a quarter of the posts have had further development, so some quick comments on these posts:
the hope for the Kyrgyzstani roller coaster - Global, Business
Defining Terms - Applied Arts, Business, Marketing
Eighty Year Old Fonts - Entrepreneurship, graphic design (applied arts)
the BCRS - Web Design, Marketing & Business - e-commerce, Marketing, web design (applied arts) and its related post the BCRS presentation is complete (ahhhh) - e-commerce, Gulf Beaches, Marketing, web design (applied arts)
   Yesterday Roza Otunbayeva was inaugurated as president of Kyrgyzstan, becoming the first female head of state in central Asia. I have since heard from a friend within Russia on this. Honoring our own long held détente he resisted taking position, and I was warmed that he, too, was hoping for the best for the people of the region. No surprise, and always a nice confirmation. Still, I imagine there is more to come.
   I trumped my own definition for Applied Arts the other day, acknowledging that culinary indeed qualifies (nonetheless, it is unique among the rest). It should perhaps be noted that I’m fully aware that there are derivatives I had not outright mentioned. An example of this is Architecture. I do mention CAD artists, yet chose Interior Designers as the example. I also want to note that I ignored the written arts wholesale. The range of expression covers everything (from poetry to ad copy to a myriad of aspects beyond screenplays for cinema and broadcast). So, while specifics of research will focus on the applied visual arts, I herewith acknowledge large exceptions for which abstractions may be translate-able but likely will not be addressed directly. By the way, I consider fireworks a craft.
   The Font post is, so far, the only one that has garnered a comment. So far the only way I’ve found to show the comments doesn’t make sense; it’s away from the original and visually distracting. There are a few mechanics I’ll pursue here; this foremost. Thank you, Matthew, for the contribution!
   The BCRS had garnered, inspired by our good work, tens of thousands in grant money while we worked on the project. That was critical to spare it from expiring this September. I’ve since learned that the site is now in line (again, in no small measure because of our effort) for a grant exceeding one million. I know my teammates all received “A’s” for the class; I received a metric of 500 of 500. Perfection rarely happens, so I’m sharing it.
   That catches me up for now – may your fireworks be lit by someone else, and be inspiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment