Monday, July 19, 2010

sketch - survey version 01

in process - http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JQH2XV7

   This survey takes an average of _______ minutes to accomplish. We truly appreciate your participation. This information is for research and will remain completely anonymous. It is comprised of nine questions.

My work in the applied arts is more:
• graphic than illustrative
• illustrative than graphic

My area of my expression is best typified as:
• Creative Director
• Art Director
• Illustrator / Graphic Designer (classic)
• A niche (CAD (Architectural, Engineering), Marine, Medical, Scientific, Children's Books, Catalog work, etc).
• Branding (packaging, logo work, etc.)
• In-house (an ad firm or art house)
• In-house (other than an art house or ad firm; i.e., a magazine, a corporation, etc.)
• Educator
• Art Therapist
• spectra comp color proofer
• sign maker
• other

I had training (please choose the one best answer – if “Formal” please note highest degree achieved in your applied art):
• Self taught
• Informal - an apprenticeship
• Informal - I come from a family of artists
• Informal - mentor / tutor
• Informal - coursework (exclusively by remote) by postal service, television or online
• Formal Academic – Certification
• Formal Academic – Associates
• Formal Academic – Bachelors
• Formal Academic - Masters
• Formal Academic - Doctorate

During this training I was also exposed to materials, literature, exercises, projects, etc. that grew my understanding of the larger business that I would be operating within. Within such a learning objective:
I learned from or was aided by (please choose all that apply):
actual business classes - less than three
actual business classes - more than three / less than seven
actual business classes - more than seven
actual business software - less than three
actual business software - more than three / less than seven
actual business software - more than seven
exposure to working studios, firms, agencies, etc. - less than three
exposure to working studios, firms, agencies, etc. - more than three / less than seven
exposure to working studios, firms, agencies, etc. - more than seven
professionals from the field as guest speakers - less than three
professionals from the field as guest speakers - more than three / less than seven
professionals from the field as guest speakers - more than seven
the school has a career placement department - this affiliation only aids me as I graduate
the school has a career placement department - this affiliation lasts my lifetime
I was exposed to “hard” professionalism skills - resume (or CV) writing, cover letter writing
I was exposed to “hard” professionalism skills - how to and/or the importance of network
I was exposed to “hard” professionalism skills - interviewing skills exterior (researching the specific entity, timing arrival, how to dress, what to bring, how to behave, etc.)
I was exposed to “hard” professionalism skills - interviewing skills interior (previous practice, creating one’s own questions, reviewing how to answer certain questions, what to be on the lookout for, etc.)
I was exposed to “hard” professionalism skills - how to create an e-folio
I was exposed to “soft” professionalism skills - taking an “organizations temperature”
I was exposed to “soft” professionalism skills - knowing when to engage various behaviors
I was exposed to “soft” professionalism skills - knowing who to say what to, to be heard
I was exposed to “soft” professionalism skills - gauging the degree to which, if any, one presents oneself as different
I was exposed to such practical knowledge as - being able to self identify and address one’s own issues
I was exposed to such practical knowledge as - being able to self assess one’s own progress

With regards to time (10,000 hours is approximately three hours a day, every day, for ten years)
I have, through training, on my own or otherwise, logged about - 1,000 – 4,000 hours of effort into perfecting my art
I have, through training, on my own or otherwise, logged about - 4,001 – 8,000 hours of effort into perfecting my art
I have, through training, on my own or otherwise, logged about - 8,001 – 10,000 hours of effort into perfecting my art
I have, through training, on my own or otherwise, logged about - more than 10,000 hours of effort perfecting my art
I have been working in my field - Under one year
I have been working in my field - One to five years
I have been working in my field - Five to ten years
I have been working in my field - More than ten years

My total employment experience spans - Under one year
My total employment experience spans - One to five years
My total employment experience spans - Five to ten years
My total employment experience spans - More than ten years

With regards earnings
I make - zero to 1/3 of my income through my chosen field
I make - 1/3 to 2/3 of my income through my chosen field
I make - 2/3 to all of my income through my chosen field
I make - Under 11,000 per year
I make - 11-45,000 per year
I make - 45-100,000 per year
I make - Over 100,000 per year
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering -
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - 1 (just me)
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - 2
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - 3
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - 4
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - 5
I am the breadwinner for a family numbering - More than 5
I create this income - by myself
I create this income - with one other household member
I create this income - as part of more than two household members

I live in:
a US location other than the continental 48 states
California CA
the Northwest WA, OR
the Southwest NV, AZ, NM
the Mountain Midwest UT, ID, MT, WY, CO
the Plains ND, SD, NE, OK, MO, IA, MN
the Central North WI, MI, IL, IN, OH
the Central South AR, OK, TX, LA
the Central Southeast KY, TN, MS, AL
the Southeast WV, VA, NC, SC, GA, FL
the Mid Atlantic NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, DC
New England VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT

regarding Marketing
• I consider myself part of the Marketing Industry
• I do not consider myself part of the Marketing Industry
• I feel my competence to market myself is (a five being best / one being not at all): ___

No comments:

Post a Comment