Thursday, August 5, 2010

One small leap, indeed

   I was looking for something a bit different tonight to chew on. Part of yesterday’s post finds me pursuing a new database. So I thought perhaps something along the lines of marketing the marketer.
   This story is interesting to me from a few perspectives. Firstly it should be noted that the story is from July of ’08 – right before the financial bubble burst. Second, although I’ve not been writing code or otherwise been on the absolute inside of software development, I have been more than just tracking it. And thirdly, although “illustrator” was part of my keywords, I see no mention in the article proper.
   Now, what’s the point? Quantum Leap’s itools purports to streamline producing a suite of responses for a marketing customer. It does this by “streamlining”; somehow doing all projects at once. Well, the Illustrator in me bristles. Someone’s created software for the marketing arts that must be the dream of Kim Jong Il. When you look at the components of that which is being integrated I see no real competitive advantage. Being conversant in the state of the art software that is individually out there will most likely leave you better off.
   This article sheds no new light on the idea of marketing the marketer. I’m glad I’m aware of itools, and I may be proven wrong, but…

Quantum Leap
www.qlitools.com
the article
http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/stories/2008/07/28/smallb1.html

No comments:

Post a Comment