Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Another business opportunity up for grabs

Rarely is the post on an art other than applied art, and this performance notion is too interesting not to mention.

On September 24 (at 7:17pm), one of my all time best buds from High School (now a Professor of Theater somewhere in Schenectady, NY) posted the following on Facebook: “Said "yes" to directing one more high school musical – suggestions”?

I’m unclear what became of it, the post garnered 67 comments! For my part, however, I offered something that, to the best of my knowledge has not been done … and someone really should do it:

Frank Davis I finally have a suggestion: an anthology of eighties music videos! it could blossom into a series and would eventually have the kind of legs to get updated (by decade, medium, etc.). Acted theatrically, of course ... spare, quickly changed sets ... see this example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V83JR2IoI8k&ob=av3e ... of COURSE i can see you directing and or acting in this. But if you use my idea I'll need a video copy, assuming you can't fly me up for opening night : ) MTV the Play!
September 30 at 8:44pm • LikeUnlike

Frank Davis Oh, and yas Gots to choreograph this (!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU&ob=av2e
September 30 at 9:55pm • LikeUnlike

The point of this suggestion is to open up a whole new genre of theatrical performance (much the way ice follies have echoed off previously established works). Blue Ocean Strategy anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment